 Announcements / 1852
  National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

The National Hockey League and the LEGO Company today announce a multi-year global merchandising and marketing alliance uniting one of the most popular international sports leagues and entertainment brands, particularly among young people, with one (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

I should add, I'm not affiliated with Lego or the NHL ... this press release arrived in my mailbox earlier today. Does anyone have details on possible hockey sets, etc? -GG. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) (URL) page linked from this article has photos of [some of] the hockey sets being released in 2003. Look for the photo called hockey.jpg near the bottom of that page. From what I remember of that thread, and my own opinion, the hockey sets (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Ben, I hope you are wrong since those sets do not appear to have Trade Marked logos. I am hoping we see a minifig scale line. But if that is it, they might as well put a hockey stick in a Galidor figure's hand cause I ain't buyin' them. Jude (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

I assume that you could press down on the hockey players head make the hockey stick swing. Kinda reminds me of the old Rockem Sockem Robots (I loved that game)..... -Rob "Glen Gower" <ggower@ottawastart.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Well, if they don't have the presence of mind to make a Wayne Gretzky minifig, then I will protest. Much of the NHL's success in the US today is due to this man's unbelievable career (can you tell I'm a huge Gretzky fan?;-) The thought of a (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Wanye who?? <grin>.....He helped the NHL a ton but there is only one and that's # 9 Mr. Hockey(a close second is Stevey Y ) .Chris from the HOCKEYTOWN and home of lord stanelys cup.GO WINGS! (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Well, if that's the case... I want a Sittler, Salming, MacDonald, Williams, Palmater Leaf line-up! (and a Keon, and an Orr, and a yada yada yada...) K, probably spelled some of those names wrong, but hey, that was the last time I was a hockey (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) It is no coincidence that Gretzky's number was 99-- that is *2* nines. IIRC He didn't feel worthy to wear Howe's actual number so he choose 99. Gordy, of course, was Gretzky's hero. -John (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Yes John that is true about the numbers gretzky has said that several times(in fact I was allmost mentioned that in my last post)..and if you ask wanye he will still say howe is the best even thought he broke most of howes records.(this is of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) And I'd just love to see a Patrick Roy minifig, with his pads and mask and all... Forget Gretzky! How about Maurice Richard, Mario Lemieux, Raymond Bourque, Guy Lafleur and ... ;-) But seriously, It's great that the NHL follows up the NBA in (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

"Chris Leach" <cwl704@comcast.net> wrote in message news:H5upzI.EJD@lugnet.com... (...) IIRC He (...) of (...) ask (...) howes (...) That's incorrect on how Gretzky got 99. It had nothing to do with not feeling worthy to wear Howe's number. Here is (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) GREAT job again, Lego, in expanding your name with major sports affiliates. MLS was a good start, NBA was better, and even though I'm not a hockey fan the NHL and Lego "alliance" (if you will) is FANTASTIC. Keep it up Lego, way to get your (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

Terry Prosper wrote in message ... (...) I'll pass on the golf, but figure skating has definite possibilities. Think of all those female minifigs, and the interesting costumes... Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

This seemed too good to be true so I initially dismissed it as a joke. Curriosity did get the better of me so I went looking for proof: (URL) NHL.com press release actually has a fair bit more information and got me thinking I need more grey bricks. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Think of the ice! And Zambonis... can't forget Zambonis. At Da Tech, the Zamboni driver got cheers and signed autographs. (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Thanks, Ken. Of course, the whole reason he was bent on the number 9 was because it was Howe's number. Now, what's the story about Mario Lemieux's number choice? Was it in deference to Gretzky or in his face? -John (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) ???? <tearing clothes> BLASPHEMER!! :-) -John (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

Yawn. More cross-marketing, little building opportunity. Nothing I'd buy for my son or myself. -->Bruce<-- (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) :-) Gretzky may be the most prolific player in history, but talent for talent, he is not the best! Can't imagine what Lemieux would have done with great players like Messier, Kurri, Coffey, etc at his side, not being constantly injusred, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Sheeeech John, It's a luck he didn't wear #69, what a story you could have invented there! (btw, Howe was a good player, but far from being amonst the best of all time. His records are only a proof of his love to play, as he did for sooo many (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) No, actually, I was looking for the story; I was merely wondering whether his choice of 66 (nines upside down) was at all related to Gretzky's 99. (...) I agree. I don't hold Howe in any particularly high regard; but I do consider Gretzky by (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League

Whoo hoo! Maybe my dream for a Tie Domi Maple Leaf figure will come true!!! Marlon (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Well, at some point you have to evaluate *reality*, not "what ifs" and "what could'ves". In reality, Gretzky was and always will be the best. I just can't see any argument for any player being *better* holding water. (...) Agreed! Hate him?? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) I may care little about the theme, but they provide more minifigs, at least heads. For town/train folks, of course the whole minifig could be used. I'm sure some castle or space fans will figure out ways to use the minifigs (how about the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Gretzky was and always will be the best

This is in the wrong group. FUT OTD (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

In lugnet.general, the 8-wide ambassador spake: (...) In lugnet.general (...) Long Live the Minnesota Fighting Saints! Gordie Gallant! ;) When I was 10-12 years old my best friend and I loved going to the St Paul Civic Center and watching the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

"Terry Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in message news:H5vu08.6FK@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) Lemieux is a great player but Gretzky will always be the greatest. One thing about Lemieux, he sure can rack up the points on the power play. This season (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Great info Ken Thanks! (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) Fair enough. I'd drink to that! Terry (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

(...) I agree. Even though I am 13, this holds no interest to me. Just more liscencing. (Alliance? Whatever) Now, if they brought back the Galaxy Explorer... -JHK (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: National Hockey League

(...) Wow! You are right, we could then put it in the oven and pretend it's the real Tie Domi melting, screaming in pain and agony... >:-) Go Habs Go! I dream of a Canadiens Minifig. And then, I'd make them 24 little Stanley cups and a parade truck (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)