 Adventurers / 200
Re: Adventurers in 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:33:35 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Alright, perhaps I laid it on a teensy bit too thick! ;-)

I would love to see an Arctic

I think there are a lot more interesting things Lego could do with this • series,
that's all.  I don't see the potential in the arctic set except as the last
year.  I'd like to see the Adventurers line continued, without a doubt.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, thanks for the movie pics again.  By the way The Man Who Would Be
King has got to be one of the best movies EVER made.  I loved it.

As for Adventurers 2000 I think we will probably see nothing new in the way of
subthemes (just my gut feeling), but we will see new sets for the Amazon
theme.  I think based upon sales Lego will either do one more subtheme or
scrap the entire theme altogether.  Still you never know.  We could see more
Egyptian stuff, an Arctic subtheme, and a continuation for 8 years (a la
Pirates) but I doubt it. I have learned that for every thing in life I get
excited about I seem to be disappointed by three more.   If that holds true I
have already bought my last Adventurers set.  I am hoping for a continuation
though.

One other thing, do you think TLG would benefit by making their stocks
public?  Just a thought.

Mark L