 Adventurers / 1886
1885  |  1887
Subject:
Racing and .dat Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 14:54:30 GMT

Christian, I have ordered parts to make your racers, but if you could send me the MLCad .dat files, it would help in making up order lists.

I want to do a series of spreadsheets with the parts of each car, then do a master spreadsheet listing the parts and colors I need so when I go shopping, I can get the parts I need depending on whats available per store.

I am planning out a track for the race using the standard straight and curved road plates. Then all I need to do is put in buildings, trees, etc. Since the races were usually run on a 2-track raceway, this should be ok.

Not being in on the makeup of the real cars, am I correct that in this time frame, most cars only had 3 gears? In the boardgame, Formula De, cars are about 1/2” in length and different numbered dice are used to represent the 6 gears and depending on what speed you are going is which dice is thrown to see how far the car moves.

I would like to work something out for your period cars and each road plate would be marked for a center so that there would be 2 movement spaces per baseplate and in actuallity, 4 cars could be on each paseplate. Of course most cars were spaced out.

I need to work on charts for break downs, tire wearing out and changing, etc. Any thoughts or ideas?

-- Don