 Adventurers / 1902
Re: Racing and .dat Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 18:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Christian Lindblad Rasmussen wrote:

  • Going faster might increase the probability of engine failure.
  • The inner lane might only have one space in the curves? But perhaps you can go faster in the outer lane then?

Going strictly by physics, you should be able to go faster in the inner lane (which would be accurately represented by having less spaces), but you’ll have greater control in the outer lane because you’re turning in a larger radius (you could apply some sort of control penalty that could result in wiping out). Real racecar drivers actually cheat this system by turning the widest radius possible while keeping the total distance traveled to a minimum, which is why they swing wide to the outside of the straight sections and cut across to the inside at the apex of a curve.