 Adventurers / 1900
Re: Racing and .dat Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 16:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Chris Paton wrote:
   Hi Christian

Authenticity is not my strong point when it comes to cars/racers I have to admit. So, the lever on the front was more of an artistic “add-on” that grew from an idea that a starting handle might be necessary.

The wheels are on springs http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2484c01.
I thought it enough. I’m going to try out the Technic Pin 1/2 on small wheel hubs tonight.

   Regarding rules for the races. I’ll give it some thought. There could be a whole range of modifiers like stamina/endurance, tactics and prestige for example, all with different determiners. Experience points will essentially build up the individual driver and cars potential etc and have an effect on speed. Again, I’ll give it some thought before I end up writing a D&D racers guide. :)
Could be as complicated as we want it to be.

   However, it could be fun to have a race at a klodsfest, rather like some meetings have a Brikwars etc. Players can come with their own racer or use a default racer with predetermined stats. It could be a lot of fun with a ranking system.
Yes.

   That’s fine for meetings - but how does that relate to international online racing? That’s a question for Don I think.

As I say, I’ll come back with some ideas - if they are unusable, that’s also OK. :)

Happy racing

Chris

P.S. Christian - I hope to join Byggepladen soon - I sent an email today.
Fine! I was just about to squeeze you by telling that our chairman know about the stickers!

Christian