 Adventurers / 1905
Re: Racing and .dat Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 06:23:09 GMT

Hi Don

I am pleased you started this thread/idea. There seems to be a lot of potential for “racing” and lots of ideas coming in.

As a game that can be played at meetings I think it would be a lot of fun, bringing your own racer(s) and getting rated etc. Can you imagine it online or will it be too slow/boring? It would be totally different from the “starship” game that is currently running - I can’t imagine postings days apart informing one another that a car has just “shifted lane”. :)

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, I would also like to give it some thought. I am not so good with math but I can see potential for modifiers including things like:
  1. an experienced pit crew
  2. supporters
  3. sponsors
  4. trophys/prestige etc
The potential for minifigs, sigfigs and support vehicles, stands and support buildings etc, is neverending! I think that is the fun part of the idea for me. Much like I imagine people enjoy building their armies/battlefields for Brikwars.

On a more practical note: how/who is going to collate the ideas/information as more of it rolls in? Could you/someone post a particular thread requesting ideas on a particular aspect of the races like “movement” in order to make it more manageable? (Richie’s suggestion of tracking down “car wars” sounds interesting.)

Its early, over here - Denmark, so these are just quick ideas before work.

Thanks

Chris