 Adventurers / 177
  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

I'm guessing here, but I would look for the theme to travel to the artic for 2000. Why? At The Adventurers Clubs at LEGOLand Parks, the first of which opened sometime in 1997, you travel through three scenes, starting with Egypt, on to the Amazon, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Ooh, that would be nice. I'd be into that, if done well. Might fit in with my space stuff! (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Didn't we just go through all this? Blue minifigs (frozen to death) and lots of white bricks. Igloos (more white bricks). Crushed white pirate ship (Ernest Shackleton) and lots of white BURPS and CRAPP. Oh, and a special all- white brick set. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Ok all of you who are good at using LDraw, can we look into this and send it off to Lego has a new sew including a parts list? That may give us another in with them, if we start giving them some new fresh ideas to try in their research and (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) I have it on fairly good authority that the arctic area at Legoland California is there more for a punchline to a joke than as a viable subtheme. Email me for specifics, so as not to ruin it for everyone. Still, though many on this posting (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Nope, won't work. TLG rejects any and all unsolicited outside suggestions, no matter what form they take. It's rigorous lawsuit avoidance behavior, so people can't go after TLG, claiming that TLG stole their ideas. Steve "Never trust anything (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Easy Bruce....what would be your pipe dream for a new subtheme? Mark L (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Egypt, (...) Alright, perhaps I laid it on a teensy bit too thick! ;-) I would love to see an Arctic (...) I think there are a lot more interesting things Lego could do with this series, that's all. I don't see the potential in the arctic set (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) series, (...) Hi Bruce, thanks for the movie pics again. By the way The Man Who Would Be King has got to be one of the best movies EVER made. I loved it. As for Adventurers 2000 I think we will probably see nothing new in the way of subthemes (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

I saw this posted on rtl today: "In the Christmas 1999 UK lego club magazine the is a small item: Coming soon in 2000. ARCTIC - your actic adventure is about to begin... (small picture of two figures in orange and black with crystals) CITY - LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Julie you are truly my hero. Can you please, please, please get me a scan or even a URL for this. I am dying here. Thanks forever, Mark L P.S. If you can get me this info my next child's name will be Julie. (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Thanks for the proposed honor :-) Unfortunately that is all I know. I would bet decent scans will show up very soon, since this info was spotted in a UK Lego Club magazine. Try going to (URL) and type in rec.toys.lego and todays date to read (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) I haven't seen this in years, but whoever suggested it was right on. Sean Connery and Michael Caine have both said it was their own personal favorite (that was a number of years ago, so they may have new favorites). (...) The only reason to go (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Gag.....Oh, okay, I'll withhold judgment until I actually see anything from this theme (when and if). At least I won't have to buy another white brick ever again.... Bruce (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) I thought you had suggested it, it must have been Steve Bliss. (...) of (...) I guess I was wrong about this. (...) Indian/Southeast (...) strong (...) added. (...) As always listening to you Bruce is like listening to the Gospels - everytime (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:18:06 GMT, Julie Krenz uttered the following profundities... (...) Hate to rain on your parade, but..... The pictures of the small figures are actually Rock Raiders. (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) That's too bad. (And so nobody throws any Timmies at me... As I stated in my original post, I was just repeating what I had read on rtl. If I had know it to be true for sure I would have made a post in .announce.) Julie (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) sure (...) Hey Julie, I won't throw one single Timmie at you. At least you tried to get some information up that no one else seems to have. I still haven't seen a scan of the above mentioned minifigs. Surely someone has them. Please help!!!!! (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:35:40 GMT, julie krenz uttered the following profundities... (...) apologies, should i have appeared rude. i was as excited as everyone else when reading it, even having read the magazine that morning, thinking i might have (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) I (...) sure (...) Nah, I just felt I had dissapointed some *very* excited people and thought I should repeat why I posted what I posted. :-) Julie (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers in 2000?

(...) Yes... Arctic would be nice. Or how about some combo of Adventurers/Spaceport? Maybe the Spanish Missions? Or the ummm... Sewer dump explorers? Well Hey! It's a new category for lugnet.underground... heheh. AlEx RoOdE Take the Star Wars quiz: (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)