 Administrative / Terms of Use / 93
Re: Group Charters (was:Re: Fabuland Auction Update 4)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 20:44:25 GMT

Some thoughts:

I don't want to see lugnet.loc.us turn into a jumble of market posts,
which could happen if the default was to allow all types of market
traffic in the loc groups.

One way to handle it is allow the market posts in the loc groups by
default, but if they become a significant degree of traffic, and a
significant number of people complain, then the group charter or
homepage would be modified to restrict the market posts.

Another way to handle it would be to allow the posts so long as there
isn't a lugnet.loc....market group. The market groups would be created
as necessary due to traffic concerns and complaints.

It does certainly seem that certain areas like to have local market
traffic, and it does seem like that should be supported somehow without
creating new groups.

If voting came into play, I would think that people who actually live in
or near the area would count much more than outsiders, but that might be
hard to arbitrate.

It might not be unreasonable to restrict voting on this type of issue to
Lugnet members, which would make it easier to determine how many people
live in the location being voted on. It does seem reasonable that Lugnet
members would have a larger say in how Lugnet is run than non-members.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com