 Administrative / Terms of Use / *300 (-20)
  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

I watched this with some amusement, and some amazement. First, Larry is a stand up person, whom I have met, and whose creations are worth bragging about, having seen them up close. He does brag, it is part of him, but at the same time, I think he (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes: <snip> I said what I had to say about this. I did not intend this to be a flog. It may be perceived by some as that, but it was intended as boasting, nothing more. I tried to explain in more detail why it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) Actually, it was a mathamatics/logic expression before it was a programming one. You software nerds are the new kids on the block <grin> James (who will confess he's a hardware nerd - it's like a software nerd, but you don't have to wear a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) != == Not equal to (form "C" el al programming languages) Software nerd (remember a nerd is just a geek with a degree) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) Not equal. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

Uhh - I've been seeing that != in a couple of posts. Would some tech jargon junkie remind me what it means? -- Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3aa4059f.183521...net.com... (...) was (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C

(...) As an evolution of the idea, how about something like an "insurance points" system where transgressions earn you points, and time takes them away. I would hate to see someone who was a real jerk as a kid make it to 4th offense, and then come (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) <snip> I'm confused here, I sincerely meant my lead as a thank you to Rose, and I took your "I'll second that" as just that, an agreement and your own thanks as well. What am I missing here? Why would you think anyone would mistake what you (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) (Responding to my own post.) YIKES -- it just occurred to me that what I wrote above might be mistaken as a condemnation of what Rose did. On the contrary, I actually meant it as a _complement_ to Rose. I thanked Rose this morning via private (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C

(...) I always found (when I did this for a living) that automatically suspending service for a non-response worked wonders. And that was for internet service in general. Waiting 24 hours for a response, then suspending service until a response came (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C

(...) Ahh. Yes. This is for the annoying kind of stuff and the illegal really bad stuff needs that reservation...thanks. (...) I meant for that to be covered under "requiring a response of acknowledgment of receipt." I guess if someone didn't (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C

(...) Yes, it's nice & clean. There's only thing I would recommend doing/adding: 1: stressing (somewhere) that these are 'typical' responses & general procedure, but that LUGNET reserves the right to bypass these guidelines in extreme cases. (If, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C

One thing that the Discussion Group Terms & Conditions here lacks is any predefined list of actions to be taken if someone commits a transgression of the T&C. Here is a proposal... This is not active site policy but instead a proposal for a future (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) agreeing that it was, in addition to being a flog, a brag. IMHO. IOW, brag + flog != flog Not that that makes it any better or worse. Just clarifying what I meant. ^^Todd (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) I suppose I wasn't totally clear in what I wrote earlier. Yes, I personally happen to feel that what (not ++, that's not part of his name)Lar wrote was a flog (IMHO), but I also added that I thought it was more brag than flog. To make an (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) I'll second that. --Todd (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) I either lied or changed my mind. You decide. (...) Todd has been known to chance his mind, yes. Until he does, let's agree that by his definition, this was a flog. He said so in (URL) Lehman wrote: (...) Since Todd's definition is pretty much (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

I thought you weren't going to debate this? (...) Granted, but I do get to question the definition and point out where I think it's awry. Which is what I'm doing. (...) And Todd never changes his mind? Seemed to be != is, necessarily. (...) So (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) Unfortunately, you aren't the one who gets to define "flog" here. Todd is, and he weighed in and agreed that it seemed to be a flog. So, accept that the post in question was considered to be a flog, and probably shouldn't have been made in the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) It must be a cultural thing - in the UK being called a brag really is an insult. I suppose we are a modest bunch. - nobody likes "the bray of bragging tongues." (...) I doubt a lawyer would advise you to break the law as the rules are "wrong". (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact