 Administrative / Terms of Use / 291
Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:57:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Todd Lehman writes:

2: Take out the "if I don't answer, I never got the warning" twink loophole
in your "first offense" guideline.

I meant for that to be covered under "requiring a response of acknowledgment
of receipt."  I guess if someone didn't acknowledge within some period of
time (24 hours?) it should automatically advance to the next level.  Or
something.

I always found (when I did this for a living) that automatically suspending
service for a non-response worked wonders.  And that was for internet service
in general.

Waiting 24 hours for a response, then suspending service until a response came
in via email would probably be reasonable.

eric