 Administrative / Terms of Use / 290
Re: Defining some written consequences for transgressions of T&C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:43:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, James Brown writes:
Yes, it's nice & clean.  There's only thing I would recommend doing/adding:
1: stressing (somewhere) that these are 'typical' responses & general
procedure, but that LUGNET reserves the right to bypass these guidelines in
extreme cases.  (If, for example, you are able to identify the culprit of a
theoritical DoS attack, or some similarly extreme example)

Ahh.  Yes.  This is for the annoying kind of stuff and the illegal really
bad stuff needs that reservation...thanks.

2: Take out the "if I don't answer, I never got the warning" twink loophole
in your "first offense" guideline.

I meant for that to be covered under "requiring a response of acknowledgment
of receipt."  I guess if someone didn't acknowledge within some period of
time (24 hours?) it should automatically advance to the next level.  Or
something.

--Todd