 Administrative / Suggestions / 1155
    leaving LUGNET —Cary Clark
   Hi: I easily found a link to join LUGNET, but did not stumble across one to leave LUGNET. For instance, a link to 'Leave Group' is on the front page of all joined Yahoo groups. I recommend exposing a link that allows: - removing oneself from the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —Orion Pobursky
     (...) I stongly object to this idea. -Orion (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —David Eaton
   (...) slightest inclination to DO it, but I suppose I could imagine that it's a legitimate thing to want, if you want to no longer have your member page displayed to the public internet. Maybe you want to hide your name or something, and would (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —Ross Crawford
   (...) I disagree. If I want all my information removed from the server, I want it *removed* not just hidden. If people want an option to hide their info, that should be a separate option. (...) In fact there already is such an option, but it can (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —David Eaton
   (...) It's a totally valid request, I just hate the idea. It's one of those things that makes links go stale and makes things untraceable. If it were my server, I'd take the data off the common database and put it in a backup file. It might be (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —Ross Crawford
     (...) Well please take a look at the small print at the bottom of my Lugnet page: (URL) It is *my* information, and keeping a copy without my permission would be rude, and arguably (lawyers do like to argue about that kind of stuff) breach of (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: leaving LUGNET Frank Filz
      (...) Please note: I am not a lawyer, nor am I Todd Lehman, the following is just my own personal best understanding of Lugnet's terms of use and intentions. Note however this statement in the TOS: 7. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

          Re: leaving LUGNET —Ross Crawford
      (...) I only said it was rude and *arguably* had legal implications. That is still my opinion. I doubt I would personally even investigate legal action if my pages were restored after I deleted them, but it would certainly sour my taste of Lugnet. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

          Re: leaving LUGNET —Dan Boger
      (...) AFAIK, yes. When you just set the page to a blank, it IS just another version. The older version would be availalbe for everyone to see with some arcane syntax. (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: leaving LUGNET —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) But see also the ToS, point 7: - start - 7. By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service, you are granting LUGNET and its owners a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty- (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: leaving LUGNET —David Eaton
     (...) Again, I'm not saying that Lugnet really shouldn't remove data if someone asks. But if there's going to be an easily accessible system, I'd prefer "hide" over "remove". If there's a court order, or someone really does specify that they want (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: leaving LUGNET —Frank Filz
   (...) Of course does anyone actually support a NNTP server feed off of Lugnet (as opposed to individual reads which only get posts that you are actually interested in)? On the other hand, a cancel DOES NOT delete the post, it just removes it from (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)