 Administrative / Suggestions / 1160
Re: leaving LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 21:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford wrote:
I disagree. If I want all my information removed from the server, I want it
*removed* not just hidden. If people want an option to hide their info, that
should be a separate option.

It's a totally valid request, I just hate the idea. It's one of those things
that makes links go stale and makes things untraceable. If it were my server,
I'd take the data off the common database and put it in a backup file. It might
be different if my server specifically said that the information transmitted was
under your copyright, and that my server was only using it with your permission,
in which case I'd reluctantly delete it. But I'd still hate to do it.

Well please take a look at the small print at the bottom of my Lugnet page:
http://www.lugnet.com/~469/ It is *my* information, and keeping a copy without
my permission would be rude, and arguably (lawyers do like to argue about that
kind of stuff) breach of copyright.

If it were indeed your server, and you refused to acknowledge such copyright, I
would not use it to store my information.

ROSCO