 Administrative / NNTP / 381
Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:39:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Steve Chapple writes:
Seems logical to me.  Perhaps instead of an error message for
a rejected message, have it automatically "bumped" to a followup
group of some kind -  lugnet.lego.direct.followup  or something.

If it were automatic and silent (i.e., no error message), I worry that
people would post and then say, "Hey, where did my post go?  It didn't
show up!  I'll post it again.  Hey, where did my post go?"

ROTFL    True - I hadn't thought of that.  Guess an adviso is needed.

SRC
L#765