 Administrative / NNTP / 363
Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:30:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, William R. Ward writes:
Allow discussion in lugnet.lego.* between AFOLs and TLC employees (both
directions), but not among AFOLs.  That is, if you tried to post a follow-up
in lugnet.lego.*, your post might be rejected.  If this is the case, you
could always post elsewhere.  Here's the rule table.

If you do this, please create a newsgroup (lugnet.lego.direct.talk
perhaps) where such AFOL-AFOL messages are encouraged to be sent.

Hmm, I'm not following you.  For what purpose?  I mean, how is that better
than what we have already with regular discussion groups outside of the
lego.direct area?  The idea is to keep the noise levels down so that LD
doesn't have so much to slog through that isn't directed at it.

--Todd