 Administrative / NNTP / 380
Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:53:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes:
Hmmm...it seems that my initial connect is what is terribly slow, and then
another long wait until the first message comes up.  I just reconnected to • the
news server and it seems to take about 3 mins. to connect, then another 3 • min.
to display the first msg.  I wonder what might cause this peculiar behavior?

Which port are you connecting with?  The default (119)?  What groups are in
your subscription list?  What software client are you using?  Can you email
me your IP address and I'll try doing a traceroute.

--Todd

I am connecting through port 199 (yesterday I tried 1119, 8000, and 8080 as a
test...same results).  I am using Netscape Communicator 4.7's built-in
newsreader my ip address is 152.10.28.104

Thanks for your help.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu