 Administrative / NNTP / 371
Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:30:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes:
I haven't been able to connect to LUGNET's nntp server today.  I am using
Netscape's news client and it just hangs before connecting.  I have been • using
the news server without problems until today.  Is something up at LUGNET's • end?
I tried setting up access using all the different ports just as a test...but • I
still can't connect.  Puzzled...

Thomas,
Are you using a proxy or anything like that?  Behind a firewall?  Any recent
network configuration changes on your machine or on your LAN or your ISP?
How long is the hang before it times out and gives you the error?

Anyone else seeing troubles connecting?  (Post via the web if yes.)

--Todd

Todd,

Nope, no proxy.  It took forever to finally timeout yesterday when I tried to
connect.  Today, I just connected (took unusually long) and read one message,
then when going to the next message, it is just hanging (ah, got it now
(probably took around 3 min., though).

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu