 Administrative / NNTP / 373
Re: I can't access LUGNET through nntp today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:36:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes:
<snip>

Todd,

Nope, no proxy.  It took forever to finally timeout yesterday when I tried to
connect.  Today, I just connected (took unusually long) and read one message,
then when going to the next message, it is just hanging (ah, got it now
(probably took around 3 min., though).

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Just an update, moving between messsages is a lot faster now...moving between
messages in groups is also moving at a decent, although lesser speed.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Hmmm...it seems that my initial connect is what is terribly slow, and then
another long wait until the first message comes up.  I just reconnected to the
news server and it seems to take about 3 mins. to connect, then another 3 min.
to display the first msg.  I wonder what might cause this peculiar behavior?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu