 Administrative / General / 9462
Re: posting varification, ug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  I'll speak as one of the opposite:  The verification thing
  has actually made my rate of posting go *up*.

  I now log in, read, and post back at will.  Before I was
  still trying to cling to NNTP, which I don't find as intuitive
  anymore.  I may be in the minority, but I'm happy with things
  are now.

  LFB

I don't like to write "me too" posts, but I think it's worth saying again in
this case. I find myself in exactly the same situation as LFB - my rate of
posting (and reading, for that matter) has increased since I switched to the
web interface from NNTP.

Now I find myself wishing that other newsgroup providers would see the light
and provide a web interface like LUGNET's. IMO, it's much easier to use, and
I don't have to load up another program. One less app on my desktop is
definitely a win.

--
Jeromy Irvine
http://www.accuvera.com/lego/