 Administrative / General / 9454
Re: posting varification, ug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:26:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dean Husby writes:
That's only if you are using the WEB interface. I think most of us use the
NNTP or Email interface.

Really? I had kind of assumed that the web interface was the primary
interface used... Although my guess is that that's changed since LUGNET's
inception when it was most likely primarily NNTP... I dunno...

My NEWS reader supports Authenticated posting, can we use that to prove who we
are and  not have to verify each post? We are loosing a lot of posters
because of this...

I think the point was mentioned that NNTP authentication *worked* but that
once you were authenticated, you could then post as anyone? I dunno how it
works, but that was my understanding. I don't know how much I heard about
PGP keys either (or if they're related I suppose)

DaveE