 Administrative / General / 9453
Re: posting varification, ug!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:31:12 GMT

Jude Beaudin wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Hey Todd,
Can each newsgroup vote on it? I think it's a real drag and tends to make me
*not* want to post (which may be a good thing for the group ;P ).

Example:
It's 5:20 and I'm still waiting for the e-mail to verify a post I submitted
20 mins ago. I want to go home already...

SteveB
Firstly, let me move this to where it belongs... lugnet.admin.general

Secondly, if you are a member of LUGNET, you can sign in and you do not have
to wait to verify posts.

That's only if you are using the WEB interface. I think most of us use the NNTP
or Email interface.

My NEWS reader supports Authenticated posting, can we use that to prove who we
are and  not have to verify each post? We are loosing a lot of posters because of
this...

Dean
--
Dean Husby