 Administrative / General / 8580
Re: Uselessness of .debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:20:26 GMT

The way it's written one could almost read it as he hopes
that you two have
a lot of fights with each other, rather a mean thing to
wish so close to
Winter Solstice festival, don't you think? :-)

Ah, Larry, always throwing a few snipes in to Christianity,
huh? I expected nothing less, that's all right.

So I'm
doubting *that* is
what he meant.

Presumably, then, that you both disagree with Scott about
the value of
.debate (and hence, that you would leave it in place
rather than abolish it,
which some people are calling for....). I'm almost
certain that is what
Chris meant, but of course I'm speculating.

Folks, all I responded to was Frank Filz (SP?) discussion
about debate, and according to what he thought, I agreed
with him. I think debate should be gone, it has caused more
harm than good based on my experience and what other sof
said and thought about it. Whether or not you agree or
disagree with that, I could care less. You can issue logic
breakdowns about it, how wonderfully diverse it is, etc. but
it does not change my original opinion about it. Now you all
are talking about me, when Frank really started the
discussion about it. I gave my opinion as a LUGNET member,
and as a contributor.

Any further discussions on this you can contact me
personally, I might respond or not. I am rather tired of it
already. Sorry I dared to have an opinion on something.

Merry CHRISTmas, Larry & All.

Scott S.
--

++Lar