 Administrative / General / 7696
Re: straying off-topic & marmites (was: Re: the best laid plans of mice and men)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:31:07 GMT

We all need to try to be a little more careful and courteous when posting to
the .lego.direct group, but let's try not to slam someone so hard publicly
when they make a mistake related to it...even if they seem adversarial.

Eh.  I don't know how clearly this came through in my original post, but I
really don't think what Scott posted was off-topic enough or sustained enough
to complain about.

My main point was merely that his reaction was fairly typical of any time he
gets called for posting off-topic, or to the wrong group:  he immediately
starts ridiculing the complaint, or the system itself, rather than just
acknowledging that he might have made an error in judgement.

I acknowledge that it was a slam of sorts, but I'd prefer to be clear about
what the slam was about, which in this case had nothing to do with posting
about marmite outside of loc.aus groups.

eric