 Administrative / General / 7700
Re: straying off-topic & marmites (was: Re: the best laid plans of mice and men)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:07:21 GMT

<snip>

And actually, the first person who posted off-topic in the .lego.direct group
w.r.t. that thread was Jude Beaudin, not Scott:

  http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=732

Note that Scott's initial message containing the reference to marmite was
still largely on-topic (albeit gruff) to LD issues.

Ideally, Jude would've set followups elsewhere on his reply (or even deleted
.lego.direct from the ng list when he posted his question), so that Scott's
response might not have gone into the .lego.direct group so easily.  And as
Scott already explained, he posted his reply quickly without noticing the
group line.

We all need to try to be a little more careful and courteous when posting to
the .lego.direct group, but let's try not to slam someone so hard publicly
when they make a mistake related to it...even if they seem adversarial.

--Todd

Thanks Todd, I am glad to see another voice of reason in this.

Jude

What possessed the first person to eat marmite?

xFUT lugnet.off-topic.fun