 Administrative / General / 7706
Re: the best laid plans of mice and men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

For the record, I am neither "bent out of shape" or "crying".... but just
bemused.

Interesting that you're bemused enough to complain about how oppressed you • are,
but not enough to do something to change the situation.

My reply to Todd was an attempt to change the situation. Just because it was
not the sort of change you seek it does not mean I am wrong (or correct).

Interesting also that you chose to respond only to the inflammatory parts of • my
post, rather than the real content and point, or even the amiable haggis
jokes.

I could claim that you assuming (correctly) that I was a haggis muncher was
nothing more than a ethnic stereotyping as very few people in Scotland actually
eat it other than on a certain day each year and even then it is probably eaten
in only a minority of families. But as it is still our formal national dish I
did not bother.

BTW : What is the national dish in the US? I assume it must be turkey in some
form. Please don't say it is a hotdog.

Scott A

eric