 Administrative / General / 7704
Re: straying off-topic & marmites (was: Re: the best laid plans of mice and men)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:22:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Lorbaat wrote:
My main point was merely that his reaction was fairly typical of any time he
gets called for posting off-topic, or to the wrong group:  he immediately
starts ridiculing the complaint, or the system itself,.....

Is there any possibility that the complaint, or the system itself are
somehow ridiculous at least a bit (especially when stretched)?

This is a key point - I think Todd covered it. Rules do exist, and they should
be respected. However, enforcing them in a "jobs worth" manner just alienates
everyone. If we all sifted through each and every post and winged about
infractions at the very edge of the ToU things would be rather dull here...

Scott A

Scott A

Selçuk