 Administrative / General / 6870
Re: Virtual cookies (was: Re: Editing Member Pages & Netscape)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:56:49 GMT

This is fantastic - THANKS! One question though - do you have to go through
steps 1 and 2, to create 'virtual cookies', or will it work automatically for
people now when they log in as members?

Richard

I figured out last night how to make a not-too-kludged transitional workable
thingie.  I made a thingie where it now stores 'virtual' cookies into your
Member record.  If you're signed in, then it fetches the virtual cookie from
there as if it was a real cookie.  Now, if you do this:

1.  Sign in:
   http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/sign-in/

2.  Fill out the news-posting setup form:
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

then step #2 sees that you're signed in, so it takes what you fill out into
that form and associates it with your LUGNET Member data.  Thus, in the
future, whenever you're signed in, you won't have to do #2 anymore.  From
that point, once you've done #2 after doing #1, all you'll need to do at a
new computer is #1.

--Todd