 Administrative / General / 6210
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:34:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
[...]
I find curios the fact that Todd appears to be asking members to rate
posts for the benefit of BJ - and not for the LUGNET readership.

Rate for usefulness and appropriateness to the .lego.direct group -- the
purpose of which is a communication channel to LEGO Direct (i.e., Brad).
With that in mind, rate for both Brad and everyone else, but it's in
everyone's best interest long-term for the scales to be tipped toward how
useful something is to LEGO.

I'd rather it was tipped towards us.

It *IS* tipped towards us. LD can serve us the most by reading the best
suggestions in lugnet.lego.direct. We serve ourselves by making it easier for
LD to spot the good suggestions from the fluff.

Lego is posting here to make money out
of us, and lets not forget it. BJ would be deluded if he was to rely solely
on the responses of this post to gauge how well LD is going to work. There
are far better ways of collected data on this. If I was cynical (I'm not
today), I could argue that his posts are nothing more than marketing at
minimal cost.

I wouldn't be suprised if marketing wasn't a strong reason for setting up LD -
it stops a large vocal group complaining about the company they love, it
increases the level of service to the average customer (the standard toy
company doesn't go to these lengths to satisfy its customers). Above all
though, think of the amazing scupltures and creations are going to result
because of the ability to get the bits you need in the numbers you require!!

But isn't cheap - setting up a new division, altering production runs,
reorganising internal infrastructure.. to name just a few costs.

Richard