 Administrative / General / 6172
Re: the latest news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:39:42 GMT

"Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Ft9JqB.LEM@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

Perhaps you should just delete the ones you don't like?

Partly for clarification, and partly because I have a little sypathy for • your
assertion that it is 'cowardly' to rate low without explanation - I rated • your
post as '10'.

i)   Posts aren't 'deleted' from the system.
ii)  Some posts are cancelled, but only with the express permission of the
author.
iii) Even if the LUGNET admin did exercise editorial control (which it • doesn't,
possibly for legal reasons among others), I am 100% sure that they • wouldn't
delete posts they didn't like, or disagreed with.

With that in mind it is very close to '0' - a "worthless, should never • have
been written" rating - the suggestion is useless to the LUGNET admin. But • I did
give it '10', because you do highlight a fear that I think probably does • exist
within the community - hence the clarification :)

It was not a serious suggestion - and it should not be read as such :-)
Whilst I agree with Todd, generally, on how the rating system is working in
that thread- I also acknowledge that there may be many who do feel
differently about lowly ranked posts.

I find curios the fact that Todd appears to be asking members to rate posts
for the benefit of BJ - and not for the LUGNET readership.

Scott A