 Administrative / General / 5900
Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 00:33:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
50 Means "average" to me - 0 means "pants", and 100 means "insanely great".
The focus being on what the individual thinks, rather than the application
of the mathematics.

It probably depends on context - saying "Why did someone mark my post down"
is less correct than "Why did someone think my post was less than average",
which is less correct than saying "Why did someone rate my post as 20"?

Yup!  :)  And asking that question when there are only 1 or 2 people rating
an article is really annoying (IMHO).  OTOH, asking why 20 people all rated
something really low or really high isn't so annoying, IMHO.

--Todd