 Administrative / General / 391
390  |  392
Subject:
Two NEW nits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:10:01 GMT

lugnet@lugnet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:

Note that the progressive links on article ranges properly disappear when
you hit the end (it won't let you try to walk off the end).  Try this:

  http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general:300-349

and then click "350-369" and notice that it correctly stops there.

Nit 1: Can you give me both a forward range, and a backward range? when on
300-349, there's nothing to go backward a chunk. And make the chunk size match
what chunk size you're showing, in both directions (except don't go below 1,
of course, in the reverse direction...)  (1)

Nit 2: While viewing an article, can you give me both a post AND a followup
"button"? (2) As it is now, I have to go to an article list to get a post
button. Sometimes I don't want to post in the same thread, I may have thought
of something that starts a new thread. For example this nit really ought to be
a new thread by itself as it's not related to Nit 1.

1 - hrm.. there may be weirdness in doing that chunk sizing... if I am using a
chunk of 20, and walk back from 10-30 to 1-10, is the forward chunk size now 10
instead? Not a big issue but does mess with ones sensibilities, especially if
you're as A-R as me.

2 - and make the graphics different, of course. (3)

3 - Which reminds me, are those copyrighted images? Your terms of use page
should probably explicitly deny use of these images (and the LUGNET logo,
although I'd LOVE to use it on a link back here from my pages) without express
consent. Or are the images themselves copylefted?