 Administrative / General / 395
Re: Two NEW nits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:54:01 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpien@ctp.com> writes:

I was thinking of putting those at the top & bottom of the table-listing as
"more..." for each direction, plus keeping the forward at the top...sound
ok?

Forward == the direction I am going based on the sense of the two numbers? If
so, yes.

Nit 2: While viewing an article, can you give me both a post AND a followup
"button"?
oops, this was an oversight.  And to think I wrote code to make sure it
displayed one or the other and not both.  :-p

That was fast, thanks.

2 - and make the graphics different, of course. (3)

natch  :)

Well, they're *different*, but (and I hate to nitpick a nitpick (1)) not
*meaningful*. A second sheet of paper doesn't really mean reply to me, it means
longwindedness (2). Contrast with the two buttons on the button bar for post
and reply in the NS 4 newsreader, the reply uses a back arrow to clearly show
that some reference is intended (and the next one over clearly shows forwarding
since it points away from the reference).

1 - well, no I don't. :-) but you knew that.

2 - not that *I* know anything about longwindedness, no siree, not me.