 Administrative / General / 1884
Re: Clear line between Auctions and Trades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:46:19 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks writes:

I guess so, but it seems to me that the "harm" done to the
buy-sell-trade people by allowing an initial announcement if there is a
desire for substantial trading is less than the potential "good" done
for everyone.

The best solution IMO is to first post a "Want to Trade" message to
buy-sell-trade. Start an auction (appropriately announced only in the
auction group) only after giving the trade message a week or two to
generate responses. Heck, you can say in the 1st post that you will
be auctioning off anything that doesn't get traded away and there's
your maximum exposure with no rules-breaking.

And of course you can still accept trades after the auction has started.
On that note, I too prefer that it be explicitly stated in the announcement
that sets may be pulled for trades, though it's sort of implied if you also
leave your list of wanted sets in there.

Doug