 Administrative / General / 1876
Re: Clear line between Auctions and Trades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 13:50:18 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

I don't think these are any different than any other kind of auction.  I've
never seen any LEGO auction where the seller committed/guaranteed/promised
that he/she would sell the item and waive the right to withdraw it.

I've run auctions and unless I state that I reserve that right for
myself, I feel committed to sell said item at or above the minimum bid
that I set from the beginning.  Is this not how everyone feels?  I would
be insulted and NEVER buy something from someone who withdrew an item I
was bidding on to trade it away.  That's not how you treat your
customers.  (I would feel different about it if it was stated as a
likelihood ahead of time, but I would probably just avoid that auction.)

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA