 Administrative / General / 1961
Re: Clear line between Auctions and Trades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 23:24:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
People can also be discreet and put stuff in their sigs like this:
[...]
That would be a great way to reach an additional bunch of people, and it
could even be done in any group.

Hrmmm.... that's interesting to hear.  I have been executing a command
each time I read Lugnet discussion groups that changes my sig from my
4 line version that includes a reference to JABA to a 2 line version
that does not, mainly because I didn't think reference to it in my sig
would be appropriate in anything BUT the .auction group.

Wow, I didn't even notice.  Thanks for going through all that trouble.

I noticed. I wanted to check out JABA and see what you had, but I couldn't
find the url in .general or some other groups. It finally dawned on me that I
might try and look in one of the market groups for a post with your url in
your sig. I know you're good about posting when you've got new things up for
bidding, but I wanted to see your site anyway cuz I hadn't been there yet.

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that Yogi Bear never went after spamcake in a pic-a-nic
basket.