 Administrative / General / 1646
Re: LUGNET search page request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 21:57:10 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
That's weird; I sometimes see results with just A or just B above results
with both A and B.  e.g., search for "Lego Maniac", and I see two results
with just "Lego", one with "Lego - Maniac", one with "Lego", etc.
This is because of the way scoring works.  An article that has "LEGO Maniac"
way down at the bottom is getting a lower score than an article that has
lots of occurrences of "LEGO" or "Maniac" or a few of them near the top or
in the subject line.

Another really cool thing would to be able to sort the results by date, or
at least by ng name / article number.

Cheers,
- jsproat

May the Force be with y'all.