 Administrative / General / 12925 (-20)
  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

I can't imagine that an 8 year old would pay any attention at all to this discussion. The only people who care about this are the adults acting like children, not children themselves. I can't for the life of me understand why people having a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Setting follow-up (was something else)

(...) In fact you can. With Outlook Express You just select "View" --> "Show all headers" when you're composing the message. And there it is: "Followup to", just enter the appropriate group. (All menu items translated from Swedish, so the actual (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: my “button pushing” opinion! ;)

(...) ...and I thought he only got 45% of the vote. ;) (...) I’m beginning to feel that he is being bloody-minded on this issue. Scott A (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Nice and peacefull

I know this is off topic, but.... It is so nice and peaceful here... what a relief. Maybe someone will highlight this post. Kevin (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Keep it up, and knock it off (was Re: Badgering emails) Darmock and J'laud at Tenagra

I think my post adds a lot of hot air and really doesn't help things. Please cancel this post: (URL) you. Eric Sophie Member # 1051 (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) Well, considering there weren't any addresses listed around the posting setup pages and that was on the bottom of every page, I couldn't think of any better options at the time. I almost never visit the front pages of the newsgroups, so I'm (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lar++ is WRONG! (was: Re: LUGNET members association)

(...) Setting the reply-to header does that. (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LPRV?

(...) The V in review. I didn't pick it! Matt did I think because he set up the list (1) I would have went with LPPRC (Lugnet Policy & Procedure Review Committee) Too late now though! 1 - you do-s the work you get-s to picks the acronymie-s (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LPRV?

(...) Well, I had to pick somewhere to ask this, I chose here... I would like to know where the "V" came from? I never saw anything that started with "V" attached to (URL) the committee charter>, only the "V" in "review". Was it just a typo that (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) Good suggestion. XFUT to admin.suggestions Please feel free to XFUT any others from this string that seem like they ought to be suggestions as well. (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  message for Larry

Dunno if my e-mails aren't gettung thru--I composed a nicely worded e-mail but bottom line is yes, i can do that if it meets with the approval of those that need to sign off on it. (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) I recently had some posting trouble and emailed both the feedback@ and admin@ addresses. Didn't get any replies, but thankfully a few days later my problem was solved (perhaps because of the changes Dan Boger was implementing - thanks!). (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy

(...) In other words, we should complain to Todd and Suzanne directly? Either that or hope that the day will come when Todd and Suzanne will "let go" of Lugnet so that Lugnet really can become more democratic. Note that I mean no disrespect for (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) OK, I scrolled down a bit farther and there it is at the bottom of every page. I bet I haven't paid attention to the stuff down there since Clinton was in office... -Duane (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote: ... (...) Wow! I had to search around even to find that feedback address. Since I rarely visit the front page (it's pretty much useless IMO) I never would have found it tucked away down at the bottom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) What address did you mail? We have been having technical problems with some addresses. if it was actually feedback (at) ... then ya, that may not go anywhere other than the owner. Per this page (URL) it's not really the right place for (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Policy Changes

(...) I am well aware of the issues in the past that molded the current shape of posting procedures; I was here at the time if you recall. However, they are in the past. I felt they were too extreme then and are too extreme now. However, I wouldn't (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: LUGNET members association

(...) Lenny, I never said all the people would believe such assurances all the time. But I still think it's worth providing them. ROSCO (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Lar++ is WRONG! (was: Re: LUGNET members association)

(...) Well, if you can't, it isn't a limitation of NNTP - but possibly of your newsreader. NNTP protocol has had the ability to set followups from pretty early on. On the other hand, I don't know if there's any facility to set followups for those (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) (it's possible other circumstances might alter this slightly, like if it's been excessively long between offenses-- like-- years, or if the user consciously defies being told otherwise): 1) First time offender A) Someone (officially or not) (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact