 Administrative / General / 12695 (-20)
  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Hey, Figured I'd throw some random thoughts out on this area. I probably should make clear that I am not speaking here as a C-C admin, and have not discussed this with other C-C admins. Just speaking as an AFOL with memberships in multiple (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Email Postings being swallowed

(...) Are you saying these are Auth requests that I've never replied to? I've never intentinaly left an Auth request hanging. If this is the case this would represent at least some of the messages I sent and never recieved the Auth request for. The (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Um, it was kind of varied. I started off checking out the high peaks, and investigating them so I could denote what "major event" was going on to cause high posting frequency. It worked great with my first attempt (Brad announcing Lego (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Move thread to proper NG form wasRe: Suggestion List Form Was somethign else

Form 1D-10T Request for moving thread form LUGNET Administration The party of the first, one sheepish David Koudys, respectfully requests that the party of the second, one LUGNET administration team, move the previous post from the first (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Spotlight Filter

(...) This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. The calculation of the "top 50", without weightings, shouldn't be much more expensive than the current calculation of the "top 10". This is because you've got to calculate a score for every (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  How to Spotlight (was: I resign from the LPRV committe)e

(...) How's about this: Instead of a 10 item list of spotlighted threads, why not two 5 (or however many) item lists? One of spotlighted MOCs, and the other spotlighted non-MOC topics. Shouldn't be too hard to code, and seems to solve the problem (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Suggestion List Form Was somethign else

(...) Tsk. You forgot to properly cross-post (XPOST) and set the followup-To (FUT), neglecting to include the proper group for suggestions, namely lugnet.admin.general. Please get a new form and try again. You'll have to return to the back of the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) rtlToronto posting sprees... as if it could be anything else... Dave K (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. I thought you meant that (for instance) lugnet.space.C-S would be outgoing, and lugnet.external.C-S would be incoming. Of course, if the outgoing messages end up being echoed to the incoming feed, then everything (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) (snip) (...) Dave... great job on the chart. I just wondering...about the 'major high peaks' on the chart. In other words what topics/posts made or cause the high peaks? If there is a general way to know. -Abner (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Suggestion List Form Was somethign else

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote: <snip> (...) Form 22-31.A Request of Extended Service LUGNET Administration The party of the first, one David Koudys, respectfully requests that the party of the second, one LUGNET administration/enhancement (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) How come? If the CS forums gets pulled into lugnet.space.C-S, how is it any more difficult to follow than if it's pulled into lugnet.external.C-S? (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) That would make threaded conversations hard to follow, wouldn't it? Steve (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) This kinda got me curious. So I did some statting: (URL) Some of the data was tweaked slightly because groups were shuffled around or added with pre-existing content. Like when the handyboard group was added that already contained 6000+ posts, (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Right - have a top level group to host outside feeds. (...) Oh - I meant for each feed do one or the other, not both. (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Instead of a number of top-level, one-ng trees, how about clustering these feeds under a single 'external sources' group. Something like lugnet.external-feed...sic-space? Or lugnet.loc.external....ass-space? (...) I'm not sure about pulling a (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) A couple of issues come to mind. First, some of these LUGNET-expatriate groups allow behavior not in-line with LUGNET's ToS. So pulling their traffic into LUGNET would result in LUGNET hosting posts that might violate ToS. Second, the existing (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Now if only someone filled out the form to have it added to the suggestion list :) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) I think this is a brilliant idea. I don't get over to Classic Castle, Classic Space, BZ, FBTB, etc. Recentralizing posts would be wonderful Dave K (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) It shouldn't be hard to imlpement, from a technical point of view. Need to keep in mind though, that posts coming in won't be authenticated like LUGNET posts are - but we could just mark them like we do the robotics list... I think it would (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact