 Administrative / General / 12625 (-20)
  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I don't know about LUGNET's highlighting, but as for Brickshelf - when I hit reload/refresh, the only thing that seems to change is the "ad" that seems to be randomly placed amoung the folder spots. The folders' order of appearance does not (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The space people (myself included) are in the process of transitioning to the Classic Space forums ((URL)). These forums use a more modern, more standard, web based discussion group engine. This is the same sort of engine that I've seen at (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) As a software developer, I don’t think this would be all *that* bad, at least performance wise. First, you’d calculate a ranking of postings which would be similar to how you create the spotlight list today. Call this new (internal list) the (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Actually, the easiest way to make this work for everyone is to have the weighting of the spotlights settable for each person's account. That way if I really care about color postings, I can weight that higher than someone who's sick and tired (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) You'd think people would do this, but they clearly don't. It's "too hard" for people to post their pictures to their Bricklink folders, wait for them to be moderated, then post to Lugnet. It's easier for people to do both at the same time (or (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

Here is a good example: (URL) highlights or spotlights. Post has coding mistakes making it difficult to find the pictures The model (imho) is nothing special. The photos are (imho) poor quality. Yet it is on the top stories (#5, just before this (...) (19 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) But don't forget that people reading through news readers are not able to highlight even if they are members! (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) This one, (URL) had not had the brickshelf gallery moderated when I viewed it yesterday but it appeared on the front page. (I'm not saying it wouldn't deserve it when moderated) There wasn't really anything to base judgement on. Tim (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) When I understood Larry correctly, this is not what he wants. Some people here on lugnet become downright hostile when certain topics get discussed, and tons of replies end up in these threads telling users that they should stop discussing (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

Hello, This is my first post to lugnet so please be nice. I rely on lugnet to point me to the latest lego news, and for that I have found no better site. So first of all thank you to all the people who make this possible. Secondly, I have a few (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hmmm I just tried this and got no ads and no shuffling, even when I'm not logged in. Maybe Kevin has temporarily disabled the ads to work on it? ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) What defines "old"? Is it a certain time period, or is it just things that are no longer available on lego.com (does this affect Legends, BTW)? Bruce (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Yes, we do have permission to publish "old" instructions on Brickshelf.com. Any request to change that policy to cover recent sets should be directed to Jake. (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hi Kevin, This would be cool. Will there be restrictions on what scans can be uploaded--i.e., will it be restricted to sets of a certain age, or sets that are no longer available on Lego.com? Or could someone run to the store, grab the most (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) We have no forums at Brickshelf so Lugnet is the best place to discuss things like this. You can also send questions/suggestions to support@brickshelf.com. Kevin (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Hi Kevin, Thanks for responding. I appreciate that the change was an experiment, and I figured that there was probably some rationale behind it. Was this change ever announced or described somewhere? If so, I imagine that my comments merely (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The current system for updating the scan library is obviously not working, but I have a fix: Soon anyone with a Brickshelf account will be able to upload to the scan library. I'm still working on the details for how to handle them after they (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) The randomizing of the recent pages was an experiment the 23 folders on each recent page were randomized but it still had the appropriate 23 folders by modification date. There have been some complaints so it is back to modification order. The (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Before December, what percentage of MOCs announced on Lugnet were in .space? Is it possible that part of the problem is that the most active group of builders (and possibly highlighters) has moved to another site? I don't mean to imply that (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) I'm a paying member, didn't realise you were not. (I figured the people raising functionality concerns were paying members)... I'll try to try to remember to try it tonite. I forget where we should talk about BrickShelf functionality... prolly (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact