 Administrative / General / 12621
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:23:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   Further, I think it would be really GREAT if people waited till their folders were moderated before posting about their creations to announce.moc... that right there would alleviate a fair bit of the concern you have wouldn’t it?

You’d think people would do this, but they clearly don’t. It’s “too hard” for people to post their pictures to their Bricklink folders, wait for them to be moderated, then post to Lugnet. It’s easier for people to do both at the same time (or nearly so) while it’s “fresh in their mind”.

Ideally, there should be an automated process that checks the links in a posting for non-moderated Bricklink folders and refuses to make the spotlight public until the links are moderated.

Forcing the work on evey single poster who includes a link to their Bricklink folder is working harder, not smarter.

Jeff