 Administrative / General / 12624
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:14:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tony Hafner wrote:
   Before December, what percentage of MOCs announced on Lugnet were in .space?

Is it possible that part of the problem is that the most active group of builders (and possibly highlighters) has moved to another site? I don’t mean to imply that all of the good MOCs are space-related, but the traffic in lugnet.space has dramatically dropped and even when creations are announced here the bulk of the discussion usually happens on classic-space.com.

The space people (myself included) are in the process of transitioning to the Classic Space forums (http://www.classic-space.com/forum/). These forums use a more modern, more standard, web based discussion group engine. This is the same sort of engine that I’ve seen at literally dozens of other sites (like vannin.com, and the vibe/matrix sites I frequently visit).

These aren’t necessarily better than what Lugnet has, but since Classic Space is only space, the signal to noise ratio is far better than Lugnet, if you’re looking for space.

If there was user based filtering applied to the Spotlight lists, this would help Lugnet feel smaller.

Jeff