 Administrative / General / 12616
Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:58:28 GMT

Hello,

This is my first post to lugnet so please be nice. I rely on lugnet to point me to the latest lego news, and for that I have found no better site. So first of all thank you to all the people who make this possible. Secondly, I have a few suggestions on this subject take them or leave them.

1. Many sites have a “most replied to” feature that puts up the most often replied post of the day. This seems usefull for highlighting where the energy is in the AFOL community for that day and for encouraging big conversations. I would bet that most of the debates would end up here. 2. I have also seen a “most viewed” feature. This would show us what everyone else is looking at (if overlaps with 1, ignore or go to next highest). This would probably be the most interesting MOC or perhaps the most sensational sounding MOC. 3. Let people who are members highlight the MOCs or debates that are most interesting to them (however if this overlaps with 1 or 2 it should be ignored. We don’t need links to the same places.)

Now this might be impossible to code in, but if not it would be really useful and it would take some of the responsibility (and the flak) away from the admins. Thanks for reading this far and perhaps it will help.

Jake (the non-lego famous one)