 Administrative / General / 12440 (-20)
  In support of Larry

I'm ashamed of all the Larry-bashing that's been taking place. If you've only interacted with the man online (which I believe is the case with some of his harshest critics), you have no perspective on who he really is. Hence, you're really not (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people) !

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) This hasn't been discussed on the list, and I'm sure there are probably a variety of opinions, but I'll offer mine. Overriding the FUT of an article alters the article's metadata item known as the "Followup-To" header. While this is not part (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Hmm. Can an admin veto his/her own suspension? ;) Scott A (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry).

(...) Lenny, Why is he so unpopular? If it is due to his poor interpersonal skills, why not have him do the behind the scenes stuff? Scott A (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry)

(...) What I don't understand Janey - is how does anyone see what Chris did as analogous to what is normally done here on Lugnet? When I read his post, I don't see rhetoric, I don't see criticism, I don't see anything that could be construed as (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: UNJUST Singling Out of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Agreed. I rarely take part in these forums any more because of this kind of snowballing stupidity. Chris and Terry were hardly the only ones breaking 'posting guidelines'. They were both baited as well, with "nothing new being brought to the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Well I dunno about any other editing, but I don't consider changing the FUT as editing, as it is only a suggestion anyway. All they are changing is where they'd like followups to go - you are still free to override that. And NNTP admins have (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) I would actually like an aswer to this. I would like to know what is and what is not considered 'editing' by the Lugnet Admin team. M (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Wow. I could see maybe a few days or a week or something, because I agree that some things were said that probably shouldn't have been. But indefinitely? Do Chris and Terry really rank up there with Matthew Moulton and Richard Marchetti, who (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) You guys are truly out of control - this is just amazing. The only thing being done here is making things much worse. And yes, Larry should be removed from the Admin team for his lack of respect towards the Lugnet members - it is a shame an (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars

(...) Don't be so sure. Many harvesters look for "@" and surrounding text to see if it looks like an email address. And still others just look for the words "at" and "dot" in close proximity. Don't underestimate the cunning of people willing to piss (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Suspend me as well (was Susp. of Chris and Terry)

(...) YAY Dave!!!!!!! Pushed to protest..... I tried earlier to get suspended, I came really really close, but apparently it's not that easy to do. I sent this email to Todd, from which he sent it out to the rest of the admins with my permission. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars

(...) Your change should work well enough. Being that you have used plain text rather than linkable mailto: HTML is good, too. I think that is the one major change I need to make to my email address on the .market sidebars. I don't know anything (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote: <snip> (...) I go play with my LEGO collection for an evening, leaving y'all alone and this is what you come up with??? Wow. Here's the thing--now, that the dust is settling, and we all have hindsight, (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX) !

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Yes, I have been and will continue to do so. I view them very differently. Maybe its just me. snip (...) Is the line the same for Admins, or are they held to a higher standard? (...) Me too, but it is nap time. Have a good evening, and thanks (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Poll: Do you think Lugnet Admin is a good job match for Larry?

After the recent furore it would be interesting to see what Lugnetters think on this issue. (URL) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars

(...) Thanks Kevin Salm, I just updated them with the SPAM block. Do you know if the spam block I used should he sufficient, or should I randomize it more? -Lenny (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Email Harvesting from LUGNET sidebars

As curator for the Market hierarchy, I have posted an email address on each sidebar page so people may contact me. This works pretty well. The email address I use for the sidebars is used ONLY for this purpose. As such the volume of mail sent and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I personally wouldn't feel it was a personal insult if worded exactly as you have it here. I also wouldn't want to see my name there instead of Larry. I hope you understand the difference between a poll asking for people's opinion of Larry (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suspension of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Perhaps I should word my responce differently. To me, treating someone with respect is essentially the same as respecting them. Regardless, treat everyone with respect. (...) Well, you asked whether it was a vote. I thought maybe you thought (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact