 Administrative / Curators / 248
Re: who is the castle curator???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 18:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets writes:
All discussions aside.

Here's Suz take on the situation,

she can either pick an curator herself, or someone can start up an member
(FTX) page.

I love working with FTX, but would REALLY love some great ideas on what
to include or not.  I'll have to read the FTX guide as it applies to the
side bar (maybe LAR will give me some suggestions as his side-bar looks
amazing).

Thanks. But it didn't happen all at once. Further, it wasn't very much me,
it was mostly the suggestions of people in the group. When someone had a
tidbit or a good resource to share I'd add it, whether it was sent to me via
email, or mentioned. The format itself isn't that special, I never did do
anything with tables, for example... it's all due to how well FTX works.

Make sure to have a link (ala "Suggest a Link for This Area to Larry") that
points to a good email for you, and further, make it one that you check a
fair bit, and encourage positive contributions. You have to ignore the
naysayers, there will be some in every bunch, and decide what suggestions to
take and what not to...

But that said, that page hasn't been touched in a little while it's time for
a change on some of the pics I think.

This new idea of Suz's of asking people to show their FTX and info collation
skills first is likely to mean it takes longer to get a curator but that the
eventual curator will hit the ground running. I think that's a good thing.

Good luck.

(XPosted to .admin.curators but FUT left to .castle)