 Administrative / Curators / 244
Re: who is the castle curator???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:19:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

In lugnet.admin.curators, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Castle looks like its Ancient (no pun intended).

No pun intended. Indeed :-)

Please forgive me this question but what is meant with "Curator"?

Basically, a group's curator is a volunteer LUGNET member who keeps up with a
list of links for the group.

He/she has edit-permissions to a 'sidebar' of information on the newsgroup's
homepage. They also can create underlying pages of information. But that's it.

Because of their ability to influence a new visitor's first impression of a
group (sidebars can display images or even polls), I think of them as
'welcomers.'

Some kind of co-admin or sub-admin just for the .castle group?

No.

As far as I know, we've had only excellent results.
But I can understand a potential for concern.

-Suz