Hello, I have made this request several times before, but have never gotten a response. Several months ago, I forgot my lugnet password. Though I sent several requests to have it reset, I never could elicit a response. So here I go again: I need to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.370)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

(...) What is "the Open Mail Relay problem"? Is the Lugnet server currently an open relay? KL (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: member packets

(...) Hi Suzanne, Todd Although I'm not really looking forward for the "membership pack" that you may or may not send (it will be cool if you did though) as much as I'm really looking forward for my membership it self ! I filled the application not (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

What effects will this have afterwards? 1) Will the Open Mail Relay problem be solved? 2) Will we see a faster Lugnet, it is kinda slow :( ? Kind regards, Carsten (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Set 5059: Castle Accessories

Set 5059: Castle Accessories is listed in the Lugnet database as having a release date of 1989. I don't know what the date for that pack is, but it isn't 1989. 5059 includes Black Knights, Wolfpack, and Dragon Master items from 1992-3. Moreover, my (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.369)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Andy, I'm sorry there has been so much confusion about all of this. A large part of it is my fault. As of 14 Sep 2000 we intended to remove all mentions of member packets in the activation emails that go out. However, at that time, I missed a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

(...) Yes (...) Disk accesses should be significantly faster. How much of an impact this will have on overall performance is hard to predict. An educated guess might be 20% faster response, although I suppose it could be as little as 2% or as much (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Calling it Quits

"Rose Regner" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GAu85v.5Bz@lugnet.com... (...) stand (...) up (...) it (...) Ok. (...) Well, I can say with a clear conscience that I did not intend that message to be harsh, my attitude in posting it was not (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Bionicle is not Technic

(...) I have little experience with news group and common Internet rules and I've been reading LUGNET only using the web interface [1]. Maybe someone with more knowledge will disagree, but at least to me the whole group hierarchy carries also an (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Since my name continues to reappear, I'll reiterate: I know this thread is long over, and it would probably be best to simply leave it alone, but something needs to be clarified. I don’t believe that anybody was really offended by the joke. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

internet
(score: 0.369)

  April Fools Day is coming

To All, Warning: April Fools Day is one week away. That means you should expect to be fooled by someone on April 1 (Sunday). Be prepared. And keep in mind that the Internet spans 24 time zones; a post made by someone early in the morning in their (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce) !!

internet
(score: 0.369)

  HELP! I'm not getting my email

I am subscribed to three newsgroups by mail. I haven't been getting the emails for a week or two. I have posted via the web, but I am not receiving my copy by email. I have verified in my LUGNET set-up that I am subscribed. Also, due to a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

(...) That would be very helpfull. (...) Fortunately, on January 23th my provider decided to lift the ban again, possibly after evaluating the case by themselves, despite that the ORDB listing still exists. Postings made by me between 14th and 23th (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

I have made sereval unsuccesfull postings to Lugnet, as it later turned out to be this was during the time that Lugnet was listed as Open relay at ORDB.org, and my provider blocked the e-mail notification messages. As a consequence, my messages are (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: Can postings that had their e-mail authentication blocked stil be retrieved?

(...) FYI, Lugnet is *still* listed in ORDB DB. ------- Cheers Carlo Lugnet #24 (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.369)

  Re: HELP! I'm not getting my email

(...) Hello Russell, The following recent post might contain a possible explanation of your problem: (URL) a influencial web-managers resource site Lugnet is listed as a site that has a high risk to be used for sending spam by a third party. This (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.368)

  Have the admins gone AWOL?

I'm getting concerned about the lack of response from anyone official regarding the open mail relay issue. Add to this the lack of updates to the database from recent requests (I supplied full info for a new set weeks ago, with offers of box scans (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.368)

  Re: Unsorted lot of over 5800 pcs.

(...) auctions. lugnet.market.brickshops is the defacto place to announce BrickLink sales, so it would appear that BrickLink auctions would be allowed. On the other hand, the TOS are pretty clear that auction announcements are only allowed in groups (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.368)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Given what I know of Brad, I find it difficult to picture him going home at night and puzzling over the best way to shape up his MOC. I work for an internet sevice provider. I like the internet. Were I in a customer-facing part of the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet
(score: 0.368)

  Re: Lugnet listed as Open relay at ORDB.org?

I started not receiving mail from Lugnet last night yesterday too. I usually get a comfirmation email when I post NNTP, but that did not happen yesterday. I am not friends with my mail admin, so I cannot change this. -Rob "posting from the web now" (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.368)

More:  Next Page >>