 Administrative / General / 10731
Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:10:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Carsten Straaberg writes:
1) Will the Open Mail Relay problem be solved?

Yes

2) Will we see a faster Lugnet, it is kinda slow :( ?

Disk accesses should be significantly faster.  How much of an impact this
will have on overall performance is hard to predict.  An educated guess
might be 20% faster response, although I suppose it could be as little as 2%
or as much as 200%.  Mainly this is to address the mail problem and just
generally update things.

--Todd

Message has 2 Replies:
  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

(...) Although you're the expert on this, may I stress the point of making a complete back-up prior to the operation? Oh, and make sure you test the back-up as well. You see, I work in IT and on several occasions, this fact was neglected, resulting (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)
  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

What effects will this have afterwards? 1) Will the Open Mail Relay problem be solved? 2) Will we see a faster Lugnet, it is kinda slow :( ? Kind regards, Carsten (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)