 Administrative / General / 10732
Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:53:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Carsten Straaberg writes:
1) Will the Open Mail Relay problem be solved?

Yes

2) Will we see a faster Lugnet, it is kinda slow :( ?

Disk accesses should be significantly faster.  How much of an impact this
will have on overall performance is hard to predict.  An educated guess
might be 20% faster response, although I suppose it could be as little as 2%
or as much as 200%.  Mainly this is to address the mail problem and just
generally update things.

--Todd

Although you're the expert on this, may I stress the point of making a
complete back-up prior to the operation? Oh, and make sure you test the
back-up as well.
You see, I work in IT and on several occasions, this fact was neglected,
resulting in much longer downtimes and (on one occasion 12 days) loss of data.

Mark "hope this won't take more than a few minutes downtime" de Kock

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

(...) But of course. --Todd (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

(...) Yes (...) Disk accesses should be significantly faster. How much of an impact this will have on overall performance is hard to predict. An educated guess might be 20% faster response, although I suppose it could be as little as 2% or as much (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)