 Administrative / General / 9051
Re: Calling it Quits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:22:36 GMT

My statement there was never intended to be and in my view isn't considering Richard
less of a person. Though, I am puzzled as to why someone would be terribly insulted by Mark's joke.
Tim

               Since my name continues to reappear, I'll reiterate:

I know this thread is long over, and it would probably be best to simply
leave it alone, but something needs to be clarified. I don’t believe that
anybody was really offended by the joke. However, it was the “additional
comments” such as ‘suckers’ that was unfunny.

(Clarification Table 1.1)

Joke = clever and humor.
Additional comments = unnecessary and insulting.
(The next time I call You a SUCKER!, I’ll say lighten up…o.k.! :))

It's funny to you because you know Mark. It's not funny to someone else
who is just starting to come out of their cocoon here, and showed
genuine concern for someone giving it up, and then getting slammed for
it.
Frank

I can kinda see that.  But, I just thought of it, and if I didn't know Mark, or
if it was someone I didn't know playing the joke, I wouldn't be insulted.  It
might not be as rip-roarin' funny as it is to me because I know him, but I
wouldn't take it personally.
TIM

I don’t take it personally; again see Table (1.1) for further clarification!

The godfather of soul wrote:

The second is that April Fool's jokes that aren't on April Fool's bug the
crap out of me.  Time & place, folks.  There's a certain amount of leeway
granted on April 1, but it's not a week-long event.  You'd be pretty cheezed
if someone egged your house because you didn't have any candy for them on
October 27th, neh?
James

I think James raised a good point about timeing. And the part about egging
houses on October 27 is really funny!

And also:

Perhaps I could stand to lighten up, but perhaps I'm also genuinly
concerned for our community, but maybe I shouldn't. Perhaps I should
just let the community go where it wants. Maybe I shouldn't care about
my fellow man.
Frank

I don’t think Frank should lighten up at all, you did nothing wrong. You
merely stated your concern for the fealings of others. And I, along with the
vast majority of others, sincerely appreciate your concern for the
community. I for one am happy you are here. ;)

In conclusion, I'd like to say that I was wrong to incite the Lugnet
community as becoming ‘harsher’… it’s the entire Internet that has greatly
become a less tolerant place. And this is one of the few havens of true
creative intellect thanks to individuals like Frank Filz.

   Sincerely,

                              --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great-®