 Administrative / General / 9052
Re: Calling it Quits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:39:31 GMT

Stripped out .off-topic.fun because this isn't!

              Since my name continues to reappear, I'll reiterate:

I know this thread is long over, and it would probably be best to simply
leave it alone, but something needs to be clarified. I don’t believe that
anybody was really offended by the joke. However, it was the “additional
comments” such as ‘suckers’ that was unfunny.

Obviously some have taken offense to my use of the word "Sucker" and I would
like to explain that I don't find the word insulting.  Last year when Ben did
his April Fool's train post I got "Sucked" in and thought it real.  That made
me a "sucker" and I laughed and said hmmm thats funny.

Yes I was a "sucker", someone could have told me so and I would have agreed.
So from My point of view I don't have a problem with the term "Sucker" in this
context.  Now obviously some were offended by it.  For those I am sorry, but
realize that when it was written and even now I do not find the word "Sucker"
offensive so it was not meant to be derogatory.

Eric